This posture is done by twisting the body to the left and right sides, using the friction between the arms and legs as an aid
1. Sit flat on the floor with your legs straight in front of you. Keep your arms close to your body and place your palms flat on the floor beside your torso.
2. Bend your left knee and place your left foot flat on the floor outside of your right knee. Inhale and exhale deeply and evenly for 3 rounds.
3. Exhale and twist your torso to the left. Lift your right arm and place it on the outside of your left knee. Straighten your left arm and hold onto your right knee. Turn your head to the left as far as you can while taking 4-6 deep breaths.
4. Inhale and release your right hand, then twist your torso back to center and lift both arms straight up, palms facing down on the floor beside your torso, keeping your head straight and in line with your spine as in the posture shown in picture 2
5. Lift your left foot up and straighten it in front of you as shown in picture 1, then release and follow the steps from 2 to 5 again, but with the legs switched (as shown in pictures 4 and 5)